Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Recruitment at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Published on Mar 16,2018 | 16 views
About the Employer
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist fresh recruitment at International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) in Accra, Ghana.
- IFDC North and West Africa is seeking to recruit a Monitoring and Evaluation specialist (M&E) for its program “USAID Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (USAID-EnGRAIS)” to be implemented in the West Africa sub-region.
- The M&E Specialist will lead the design of the EnGRAIS monitoring and tracking performance system. He/she will work closely with USAID/West Africa on establishment of baseline data, performance evaluations, mid-term evaluation and final evaluation.
- The M&E Specialist will be supervised by and report to the CoP. He/she may also be called to perform other duties assigned by the CoP as deemed necessary to support the achievement of the program’s overall objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the design and implementation of the EnGRAIS monitoring performance system.
- Assist in the preparation of annual workplans.
- Assure quality of baseline data (where applicable) and incorporate appropriately into the program monitoring system.
- Prepare indicator reports comparing actual achievement to program targets.
- Assist in overall preparation of program reports.
- Support improved data collection, analysis, and use of key project indicators for timely and effective decision making and planning.
- Support regular data collection, conduct analyses, and prepare reports in collaboration with other program staff.
- Verify validity and quality of monitoring data from the field, including use in reports on performance.
- Participate in and support the program documentation and dissemination of lessons learned and best practices.
- Develop/revise as needed and monitor the project’s Performance Monitoring Plan to systematically document project performance for project technical leads and the project leadership team.
- Develop and implement effective monitoring tools and approaches to demonstrate the effectiveness of project interventions.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Requires strong mathematical and verbal skills.
- Must have demonstrated success in the design and implementation of M&E systems.
- Must be able to clearly explain results in graphic, oral and written contexts.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements.
- Willingness to travel extensively in the program’s intervention countries.
- Knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS, STATA, and SAS). Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (or similar tools) is strongly preferred.
- MS in Econometrics, statistics, Economics or related Field
- Minimum seven years of relevant work experience in program monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated practical skills in M&E of donor-funded, including USAID’s, development programs
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.
You may also like these Jobs