Account Officer Recruitment At Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited
Published on Jan 06,2023 | 290 view
About the Employer
Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Ltd was created from humble beginnings in 1998 with a vision to earn a reputable name in Nigeriaâ€™s Oil and Gas industry by being measurably efficient, responsible and competitive while working to meet Company growth and objectives within the broader Social and Economic goals of our operating environment.
Our business started with the supply of 200litre drums of diesel to homes, guesthouses and small branches of Banks in Lagos. We later advanced to the sale of 33,000litre trucks of diesel and 20MT of LPG to manufacturing companies such as BOC Gases, Dunlop PLC, Flour Mills of Nig Plc, BAGCO Plc and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) filling plants across Nigeria.
With the world market in mind, we take the import and export of petroleum products in our stride; trading globally with the same professionalism we are known for in Nigeria.
Northwest Petroleum & Gas Company Limited Careers 2023 - When you join us, you’re joining a community of experts that work together to extend the limits of what’s possible in our industry. We seek hire an experienced, competent and collaborative individual to join our finance team as Account Officer.
Main Key Responsibilities
- Prepare payment vouchers for approved payment requests.
- Ensure accurate and timely disbursement of all vendor payments & staff claims payments
- Ensure accurate and timely remittance of transactions taxes – WHT and VAT
- Ensure accurate and timely remittance of statutory deductions – PAYE and Pension
- Ensure collection and proper storage of payment and support documents
- Effectively manage and maintain vendors’ books and accounts
- Ensure accurate posting of accounting entries in the general ledger system
- Prepare of bank reconciliation statement
- Provide support to external auditors during statutory audits
- Ensure accurate and timely presentation of financial reports and accounts
- Effectively manage and maintain receivables
- 1st Degree in Finance related fields
- Higher qualification will be added advantage.
- Professional qualification in accounting: ACA, ACCA etc.
- 2-5 Years Post qualification experience (experience in the Downstream oil sector will be an advantage)
- Self- motivated, a team player, dedicated, diligent and dutiful.
- Candidate must possess thorough knowledge of bank reconciliation exercise including POS transactions, good understanding of accounting treatment of inter-company transactions and other activities of related entities etc.
- Knowledge of computer skills, good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to be a self starter with minimum supervision and team player
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.