Apply For Graduate Investment Analyst, Finance at Lidya Financial Services PlatformLidya Financial Services Platform 3 Published on Dec 17,2018
Job Title : Graduate Investment Analyst, Finance
Employer : Lidya Financial Services Platform
Specialization : Accounting / Economics / Finance
Location : Lagos
Job Type : Full time
About the Employer
What is Lidya? The leading platform for small & medium business lending in emerging markets. Lidya is a financial services platform to improve access to credit and finance across frontier and emerging markets starting with Nigeria. Launched in November 2016, with a mission to close that yawning credit gap, both in Nigeria and across emerging markets where there is a $2.6 Trillion SME credit gap worldwide.
Lidya Careers 2018 - We are passionate about building the future of finance in frontier and emerging markets. We thank you for your support. We are constantly looking for exceptional talent!
Applications are invited for the position of Graduate Investment Analyst, Finance in Lagos, Nigeria.
The Investment Analyst position is responsible for acquiring & managing clients and assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and bad debt losses. You will work closely with the Senior Management team and be fully responsible for:
- Customer Acquisition: Qualification, education, closing and launching relationships with clients across relevant sectors including but not limited to Companies in the eCommerce, Consumer Goods, Healthcare and Financial Services industries.
- Loan Portfolio Growth. Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers including, ensuring that credit appraisals and documentations are completed properly.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing existing client engagements. Managing and closing current deals with clients, corporate partners, funding partners, and acquiring new business for Lidya, in particular with Enterprise clients.
- Appraisal of customer loan applications and approval or rejection of applications within agreed timelines and loan limits.
- Design and implement process for recollection of disbursed loans including recovery of items pledged as security on delinquent loans.
- Managing and assisting in the preparation of financial models and client marketing presentations.
- Authentication of documentation presented for all credit applications and ensuring they meet KYC, loan assessment and any other documentation as required by the Lidya and by the regulators.
- 1 to 3 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Business Development Role.
- Working knowledge of the entire underwriting process from loan application to funds disbursement and collections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with managing day to day aspects of client relationships and projects including considerable experience with customer negotiations.
- Outstanding customer engagement skills and a passion for creating an extraordinary customer experience regardless of the final credit decision.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess both individual and company financial statements – profitability, cash flow and debt service capacity analysis + projections.
Ability to properly identify the key credit risks, and reach a prompt and well thought out credit decision.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now or use the apply now button below.