The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) is the government agency that has been charged with the responsibility of migration management in Nigeria. Over the years, the NIS has witnessed series of changes since it was extracted from the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) in 1958. The Immigration Department, as it was known then, was entrusted with the core immigration duties under the headship of the Chief Federal Immigration Officer (CFIO) and the first to sit on that chair was in the person of Mr. EH Harrison.
Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020 - Following the approval for fresh recruitment by the Civil Defense, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board (CDCFIB), the Nigeria Immigration Service has opened her new portal to begin the process immediately.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified persons for full time appointments in the Nigeria Immigration Service into the Assistant Cadre position of Immigration Assistant III (IA-3) CONPASS 03.
- General Duty: Applicants must be holders of SSCE, NECO, GCE O/LEVEL with minimum of four (4) credits in not more thn 2 sittings which should include English and Maths.
- Artisans and Drivers/Mechanics: Applicants must be holders of Ordinary Level SSCE, or its equivalents and appropriate Trade Test Certificates.
Statutory and Requirements for Recruitment
- Applicant must be Nigerian by birth.
- Applicant must have National Identity Number(NIN)
- Applicants must be medically fit and present certificate of medical fitness from a government hospital.
- Applicant would be required to pass drug test
- Applicant must be of good character and must not have been convicted of a criminal offence and must not be a member of a secret society/cult.
- Applicant must be free from financial embarrassment.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18-30 years with exception of Doctors and Pharmacists who must not be more than 35 years.
- Applicant's height must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60m for females.
- Applicant's chest measurement of not less than 0.87m for men.
- Applicant must be computer literate and
- Any certificate or qualification not declared and accepted at recruitment centre shall not be accepted after recruitment
Recommended: Step by Step Application Guideline for Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment 2020
Also note that applicants With Any Of The Following Physical Challenges Need Not Apply:
- Impediment in Speech (Stammer/Dumb)
- Gross malformation of teeth
- Knocked Knees
- Bow Legs
- Flat foot
- Limb Legs
- Bent Arms/Deformed Hands/Fracture
- Defective Eye Sight (Squint-eye, Cross Eye, One-eyed and Total Blindness)
- Amputation of any part of Physical Body
- Hearing Impaired (Deaf)
- Hunched Back
- Medical Challenges
- Any Physical Deformity not mentioned, and
- Note that due to the Rigor of the Physical Excercise in the Recruitment Process, women with Pregnancy Need NOT Apply
- Any Certificate Or Qualification Not Declared Or Tendered And Accepted At Recruitment Centre Shall Not Be Acceptable After Recruitment Exercise.
- Candidates Are Advised To Printout Referees And Security Clearance Form Which Must Be Duly Completed For Submission During Screening.
- Do Not Submit More Than One Application. You Will Be Disqualified.
- The Application Portal Would Be Closed After Four (4) Weeks Of Opening.
- Applications In Breach Of The Application Procedure Will Not Be Entertained.
10th April, 2020.