Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services.
Microsoft Corporation Internship 2020: We offer a variety of scholarship programs, internships and full-time opportunities designed to empower you. Imagine the impact you can have and jumpstart your career. Microsoft is currently recruiting suitably qualified individuals for the position of Business Analyst Intern.
Job Number: 918647
Are you looking forward to a career in finance? Microsoft’s finance internship opportunity has the training you need to get your career in finance underway. You will have the opportunity to develop strong business acumen, enhance your personal management competencies and walk away with a valuable transferable skill set. We know you will find the work at Microsoft both challenging and rewarding, and we believe your contribution will be meaningful - one that will offer a high level of personal satisfaction.
The Business Analyst role has 3 primary functions; Revenue Reporting, Large Projects, and Analysis. Typical activities and impact within these 3 functions include:
- Prepare, update and maintain standard management reporting to meet the needs of customer groups within the Canadian subsidiary.
- Create and modify business processes, reporting metrics and ad hoc reports for various end customers to drive financial results
- Update daily/weekly/monthly suite of revenue analysis reports directed towards Senior levels of Management.
- Provide monthly close analysis on revenue variances, growth and key metrics
- Partner with management and the Analyst team to maintain the relevance and accuracy of reports within a diverse and dynamic business environment
- Assist internal business groups by troubleshooting data issues and perform variance analysis; analyze causes and provide resolutions
- Provide support to business analysts and internal business groups as required through tailored ad-hoc queries and reporting for detailed financial analysis during product launches and marketing campaigns
- Manage, update and maintain the Canadian Finance intranet site to facilitate cross-functional collaboration
- Examples of projects could include Fiscal Year Rollover (May – July), Monthly Business Reviews, Budget/Planning (April – June), and Forecasting (Monthly/Quarterly). (Degree of involvement in projects may also depend on business need.
Qualifications & Eligibility Criteria
- Pursuing a bachelor's or master’s degree in finance, accounting, statistics, economics, commerce, business or related field (pursuing with at least one quarter/semester remaining after the internship).
- Available for an 6-8 month consecutive internship starting Winter 2021.
- Intermediate to advanced levels in Microsoft Excel, Power BI and Access.
- Knowledge of Pivot Tables and formula creation is a necessity.
- Knowledge of macros, spreadsheet modeling and database skills are definite assets.
- Strong business/accounting acumen, with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proactive and goal orientated; able to meet deadlines, manage time effectively and adopt responsibility for projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and work effectively within a team environment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Application Deadline: Not Specified