The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region. Considered one of the pillar regional blocs of the continent-wide African Economic Community (AEC), the states goal of ECOWAS is to achieve "collective self-sufficiency" for its member states by creating a single large trade bloc by building a full economic and trading union.
As part of this renewal process, ECOWAS is pre-occupied with the implementation of critical and strategic programmes and wishes to recruit qualified and capable individuals into the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Recruitment Firm to Provide Recruitment Services to ECOWAS Commission
- The overall duration of the assignment is estimated at six (6) months, renewable based on the needs of the ECOWAS Commission as well as the contracted firm’s satisfactory performance.
- The ECOWAS Commission invites Consulting Firms specialized in Recruitment / Staffing to submit their candidacy for the services described above. Interested, eligible and qualified consulting firms must provide full information on their qualifications and experience, demonstrating that they are qualified and experienced in providing similar services.
- The ECOWAS Commission intends to use its resources to finance a service contract with a consulting firm (could be a single firm, a consortium or partnership thereof) that will be responsible for providing effective and efficient recruitment services to the ECOWAS Commission.
- The main objective of the consultancy is to support the Human Resources Directorate of the ECOWAS Commission in delivering on effective staffing goals in real-time, so as to meet organisational Human Resources needs with regards to filling positions at the ECOWAS Commission.
The Criteria for shortlisting are as follows:
- General Experience of the firm;
- Specific and successful experience in assessing, evaluating and selecting job applicants for International Organizations or Donors Funded projects conducted within the past five (5) years;
- Relevant Working Experience in the ECOWAS Region within the past five (5) years, with evidence to substantiate claims;
- Availability of Relevant Staff to be assigned to the ECOWAS project, showing full list of staff along with their respective CVs providing details on competencies (all applicable knowledge, skills and behavior) as well as relevant experience in recruitment / staffing;
- Knowledge and experience using software or computer & information technology for recruitment as well as Human Capital Management;
- Demonstrated capacity to analyse and evaluate job applications (CV’s, academic credentials, and all other relevant supporting documents) in English; French and Portuguese; and
- Knowledge, experience and capacity in evaluating and comparing academic credentials and records, from all of the educational systems in West Africa, taking into consideration the ECOWAS Protocol on Education and Training (Protocole A/P3/1/03) as well as the ECOWAS Convention on Education. The Documents can be consulted on Ecowas Website: http://www.ecowas.int/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/CONVENTION-ON-EQUIVALENCE-OF-CERTIFICATES.pdf , http://www.ecowas.int/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/protocol-on-education-and-training1.pdf
- NB: In addressing the above listed criteria, consulting firms must provide tangible evidence and detailed references for all claims made in terms of experience and capabilities, similar assignments, etc. Each reference provided should be summarized on a project sheet, and will be considered and accepted only if the candidate attaches supporting documents indicating the contact information of the contracting authorities so as to facilitate verification of the information provided, covering excerpts of contract (inner cover page; page with the signatures and the Terms of Reference) along with attestation(s) of good performance of each contract presented.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Consultants should send their “Expressions of Interest” which must be delivered in sealed envelopes (1 Signed Original and 3 copies) in English, French Portuguese and clearly marked “Selection of a Recruitment Firm to Provide Recruitment Services to Ecowas Commission” – Do not open except in the presence of the Opening Committee” to the address below:
Director of General Administration,
1st Floor of the ECOWAS Commission Headquarters,
Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
Abuja – Nigeria.
Application Deadline 6th March, 2018.
- The attention of interested Consulting firms is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 1119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- Interested Consulting firms may apply as a consortium or partnership to ensure and/or boost their consolidated capacities to execute the assignment.
- The eligibility criteria, the preparation of shortlist, and the selection procedure shall comply with the ECOWAS Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants” (ECOWAS Procurement Code), available on its website: http://www.ecowas.int The selection procedure will be based on Least Cost Based Selection Method (LCS), and a shortlist of six (6) firms, which present the best profiles with all claims dully substantiated, shall be drawn up for further consideration after the expression of interest. Also, firms that are part of an international network are to submit only one expression of interest as a network.
- Please note that in order to ensure a level playing field, electronic submissions are not accepted and will therefore not be considered.
- The working languages shall be English, French and Portuguese.
- Interested consulting firms can obtain further information at the e-mail addresses mentioned below, during working days and hours of the ECOWAS Commission from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 pm (Local Time – Nigeria): email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com; akone@ ecowas.int ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- This request for EoI can also be viewed on the following website: http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-in-ecowas/ecowas-procurement