At VIISAUS we are passionately curious about people and society. We deliver data and insights that make our complex world easier and faster to navigate and inspire our clients to make smarter decisions. By using innovative technologies and data science, VIISAUS turns big data into smart data, enabling its clients to improve their competitive edge.
Our culture and values speak to placing our customers as a priority, working hard, teamwork and being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!). Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
As a Data Scientist, your responsibilities will be to:
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine big data stores, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy
- Work as a data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the team to strategize and execute the development of data products
- Be accountable for data science solution delivery and code quality check including providing detailed and constructive design and code reviews
- Develop, deploy, and implement predictive models and protocols for mining production data sources
- Work with clients, managers and technical staff to understand business needs and develop technical plans to deliver results
- Appropriately deliver existing analytic methods and tools; applying theory to practice
- Learn new analytic methods and tools as needed
- Create analytic models and test hypotheses collaboratively in a rapid-paced work environment to meet client needs
- Help establish standards in machine learning and statistical analysis to ensure consistency in quality across projects and teams
- Lead existing data science projects/engagements
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Have 5 or more years post NYSC work experience as a programmer
- Possess a University Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or any other related field
- Have a strong foundation in statistics, data analytics and software development with expertise in survey research and statistical modelling
- Can create structure out of semi-structured and unstructured data using one or more tools in the data science toolkit such as Python (note that Python is highly preferred), R, Java, Unix shell, MATLAB, RapidMiner, SAS or SPSS
- Have strong experience mining and manipulating data with traditional tools (SQL, Power BI, OLAP, advanced EXCEL, etc.) and ‘Big Data’ tools/techniques (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.)
- Understand data visualization patterns and have experience with one or more data visualization tools such as Tableau, R Shiny, Seaborn, MicroStrategy, SAP BusinessObjects, QlikView, etc.
- Possess demonstrable experience of delivering a wide variety of machine learning techniques including classifiers, regression, clustering, decisions trees, neural networks, NLP and ensemble techniques
- Have experience implementing machine learning algorithms using regression methods and classifiers such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Random Forest, Linear Regression, ARIMA, Neural Nets, Deep learning, etc.
- Are familiar with applied statistics such as probability distributions, measures of dispersion and central tendency, hypothesis testing and statistical inference
- Have a keen understanding of the business value perspective on predictive analytics
- Have experience deploying and monitoring predictive models
- Possess excellent oral, written communication, presentation, and analytical skills
- Possess an extraordinary mind and love to use it
- Love working with numbers and are target driven
Because VIISAUS hires the best people, we work hard to provide benefits to make their lives better. We offer a comprehensive benefits program which features:
- A competitive salary in a highly exciting organization
- Health and dental insurance coverage
- Annual Performance Bonus at management discretion
- Monthly Pension Benefits
- Group Life Insurance
- A fun and collaborative environment with driven team members
- Work for an employee-focused company that is building a great culture
- Paid time off, Sick days and Holidays off
When you join VIISAUS you do more than simply switch companies to advance your career. You become part of the VIISAUS family, a group of talented men and women who drive innovation, embrace change, celebrate teamwork and reward hard work!