Emerson is a Fortune 500 company and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange as EMR. It is headquartered in St. ... Emerson is composed of five primary business segments: Network Power, Process Management, Industrial Automation, Climate Technologies, and Commercial and Residential Solutions (Tools and Storage).
Emerson has boldly transformed to create value for our customers and shareholders. With our newly energized focus on our two core business platforms — Automation Solutions and Commercial & Residential Solutions — we can confront the challenges of an increasingly complex and unpredictable marketplace from a position of strength, driving near- and long-term value as a trusted partner for our customers.
Careers at Emerson 2021: Our people are our greatest asset. Emerson’s talented team spans the globe, sharing a collective passion for progress and excellence. Applications are currently being invited from suitably qualified individuals for the Emerson Automation Solutions Graduate Trainee - Sales 2021.
Requisition ID: 21000461
Job Function: Sales
The Emerson Automation Solutions Engineering Internship role is a developmental program designed to train and progress future sales and service leaders in Emerson. The candidate will undergo formal and on the job trainings in technical/field service and commercial domains.
The rate of your progress will be driven by your personal efforts and ability to demonstrate your capability and your progression will be determined by your individual performance, including the demonstration of unfailing commitment to deliver on assigned responsibilities. Collaboration and willingness to learn are the key success factors for this role.
- Participate actively in developmental programs and gain the right skill sets.
- Excellent delivery of all internship projectsSupport and collaborate with and support service and sales team and LBPs in the region.
- Work closely with service engineers, sales/business development team to improve our service delivery and sales figures in Nigeria.
- Support the development and implementation of sales and service strategies for the region that deliver above market growth rates.
- Work closely with other Emerson Automation Solutions Business Units and maximize pull-through content
- Develop long-term relationships within customer accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of Systems & Solutions Business Unit and Emerson Automation Solutions
- Improve customer satisfaction by finding solutions to their needs
- Ensure Emerson Ethics and trade compliance procedures are strictly followed with all business transactions
- Keep up to date with developments in products, industry and market trends.
- Maintain records of business activity as per Emerson's Record Retention Policy.
- Do business strictly in compliance with Emerson's ITC Policies.
- Uphold Emerson's values and ensure safety in all the activities you're involved in.
Eligibility / Requirements
To be considered for this career-forming opportunity, you need to have the following credentials:
- Educated to degree level in an Engineering discipline with a major in either Electrical / Electronic or Mechanical with a minimum of second class and higher from a recognised university
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products
- You should have completed the mandatory National Service Program (NYSC).
Application Deadline: Not Specified.