Eni - an Italian company with a worldwide presence
We are one of the global oil and gas super-players – operating in 67 countries worldwide and employing more than 30,000 people. A preview of our main oil and gas exploration, production, refining and selling operations, electricity and chemistry – the foundations on which our work is based – and the values that inspire our actions.
Eni Nigeria Careers - Eni offers career pathways in a wide range of business areas and we are always looking for professionals with diverse skills and experience.
Eni has about 33,000 employees operating in 71 countries. We provide regular training and a global context in which to work. In return, we look for energy, dynamism and tenacity. Would you like to join us? Applications are cordially invited for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, Drilling & Completion
Job ref.: IRC212977
Professional Family: Well Area Engineering
Employment Contract: Fixed Term, International. Rotational 28/28
- We are currently recruiting an Assistant Manager, Drilling & Completion to co-ordinate preparation of drilling, completion and workover engineering programmes based on modern and effective techniques and with emphasis on efficient cost estimates.
- To co-ordinates the preparation of engineering programmes, in co-operation with Exploration; Petroleum Engineering and Production, covering all drilling activities, completion, work over, well tests, wire line and rigless operations, defining with other units the most suitable sequence and rigs to minimise costs
- To ensure the preparation of cost break-down estimates of new wells to be drilled and those to be worked over for budget purposes and their periodic revision
- To ensure the preparation of all the pertinent budget sub-items and their illustration to the Partners for approval; to ensure the control and periodic revision of his budget sub-items
- To ensure the maintenance of cost control data to provide quick comparison between budgeted and actual costs.
- To ensure the follow up of all well operations and makes recommendations when engineering problems occur.
- To ensure the definition of mud/cement characteristics, specifications, sequence of phases and in co-operation with Petroleum, Exploration and Production Departments, well down-hole operations
- To ensure that the activities carried out by contractors agree with the contractual terms, budgeted cost and in accordance with good engineering practice
- To provide suggestions to his superior concerning changes in the well targets if there are operational constraints.
- To keep abreast of development in drilling, completion and work over techniques and assists his superior in ensuring the appraisal, training and professional development of his personnel in accordance with the Company policies and procedures
- To coordinate the engineers in carrying out proper evaluation and special studies and reports on any aspect of well operations with recommendation of new techniques required
- To maintain contact with other oil companies in order to give, receive or exchange materials
- To participate, when required, in Technical Committee Meetings
- To comply with the requirements of the different HSE policies of the Company, by applying the HSE Integrated Management System and the HSE Management System Guidelines and providing proper HSE conditions of work to everyone
- Bachelor's Degree/HND in Geology/Petroleum Engineering
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Technical ability
- Analytical ability
- Good knowledge of well-drilling
Application Closing Date
11th November, 2019.
Note: Eni considers equal opportunities and respect for diversity as strong points in the relationships between its staff and stakeholders. In particular, we have joined a number of relevant bodies and taken part in inter-company initiatives, sharing best practices in the field of gender equality and promoting female leadership.