Finance and Admin Intern Recruitment At Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Published on Jan 21,2023 | 1014 view
About the Employer
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global nonprofit organization, partners with governments, civil society, the private sector, and health care workers to build resilient and sustainable health systems. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) careers 2023 - Join MSH as we help solve the world’s public health challenges through innovation, dedication, and technical excellence. MSH is looking for talented, passionate people to join us—as employees, consultants and interns—in advancing our mission to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
Applications are invited for the position of Finance and Admin Intern at Management Sciences for Health (MSH).
- PMI-S is a five-year PMI/USAID flagship malaria project implemented through a consortium led by MSH. The project is supporting the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, LGA and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for management of malaria, its complications, and prevention.
- PMI-S project focuses on strengthening the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and State Malaria Elimination Programs (SMEPs) for the implementation of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2014-2020.
Main Purpose of Job
- The intern will provide finance and administrative support to PMI-S Oyo state project office. This internship will provide individuals the opportunity to gain experience and skills in the following areas depending on their core competencies and approved assignment.
- Finance Intern will assist the Finance and Administrative Manager/Accountant in providing finance & logistic support in the unit.
- The Finance Intern will ensure timely collations and undertaking preliminary checks on finance documents.
- S/he is to support preliminary reviews towards ensuring expenditures and applicable documentation are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles determined by the donor agency.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the state Accountant in payment processes
- Support in the preparation of various weekly/monthly reports for the Finance Manager and the State Accountant as required.
- Assist in the preparation of payment sheets to be used for activity/operations expenses payment.
- Support the development and preparation of annual budget and cost assumption template computation.
- Receive and review payment requests/invoices and supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness before posting by the Accountant and FAM.
- Assist with the preparation of bill vouchers and payment vouchers and classification into respective GL accounts codes as given by MSH PMI-S Finance department
- Assist in checking and filling stores requisition
- Assist in periodic verification of physical inventory
- Support the tracking of status of accomplishment of deliverables.
- Assist with the printing, binding, scanning and photocopies of documents and training materials for staff.
- Assist in filling and registering of procurement documents, including activity profiles, purchase request and purchase orders.
- Assist with the weekly inventory checks for staff allocated assets are in the same position and used by the allottee.
- Support timely collation of retirements’ supporting documents from the LGA and State offices.
- Perform other official duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- Slot: One(1) per state in Akwa-Ibom, Cross-River, Ebonyi and Oyo State.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Candidate must have a background in Finance and Accounting, Business Administration, Economics or related field, with NYSC discharge/completion or exemption certificate
- Experience in an international ngo environment will be an added advantage.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to details and time management
- Computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.