Financial and Operations Auditor Recruitment At Moniepoint
Published on Oct 24,2023 | 428 view
About the Employer
Moniepoint is a global business payments and banking platform and recently became QED Investors’ first investment in Africa. We are the partner of choice for over 1,500,000+ businesses of all sizes, powering the dreams of SMBs and providing them with equal access to the tools they need to grow and scale.
Careers at Moniepoint 2023 - We are looking for an experienced Auditor that will support Moniepoint and play a key role in evaluating and assessing our technology and infrastructure to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards, identify risks and provide recommendations for improvement. The role would entail working with relevant internal stakeholders across the Finance, Operation, Product, Engineering, Risk & Compliance, Legal teams amongst others.
As an IT Auditor, you would:
- Work with Audit Lead to plan internal audits.
- Attend meetings, interview staff to gather audit evidence, documents and information.
- Analyze data to identify financial reporting errors, fraud, and operational risks.
- Observe and examine business procedures including stock, accounts, financial records, and perform financial and operational audits with the guidance of Audit Lead.
- Evaluate compliance with company policies, procedures and external regulations. Provide assurance on adequacy of security and controls to support business.
- Review internal control policies/procedures to ensure adequate coverage.
- Assess existing risk management processes and accurately record results.
- Recommend appropriate mitigating controls for identified security/control risks and follow-up with responsible teams to treat the risks.
- Recommend improvements and updates to policies and procedures where required.
- Perform risk-based reviews of IT systems with the guidance of Audit Lead.
- Promptly identify and report IT process/operational lapses, investigate IT incidents and detect operational/ fraud/ business losses.
- Participate in IT Projects and product development with the aim of identifying risks and recommending appropriate controls.
- Follow-up responsible teams to implement the recommendations of internal auditors, external auditors, consultants, and security analysts.
- Review system deployments to ascertain that security and controls were incorporated, including validating the compliance of development teams to organization’s software development policies & procedures
- Review IT operations controls, staffing, training requirements, conditions of service and adequate segregation of duties.
- Deliver on other assignments delegated by the supervisor.
- Good first degree in accounting, business administration, information technology or related fields. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ internal audit, internal control, IT Audit or IT Control experience in a financial institution.
- Possession of one or more of ACA, ACCA, CIA, CISA or CISM is an advantage.
- Well-organized, good attention to details and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent numerical, analytic, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Sound judgment and high level of objectivity.
- Strong understanding of the payments technology industry
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively to identify new ways to approach common risk and data security problems.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn the business needs, processes, software, and systems.
- Ability to multi-task and pursue multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal communications skills and the ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations.
- A preliminary phone call with the recruiter
- A technical panel interview with Department Leads
- A behavioral and technical interview with a member of the Executive team
- All interviews stages are Virtual
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.