We came from frustration with excessive bank charges (for inconsistent services), now we are here. Kuda is a full-service digital bank. Our mission is to make banking accessible, affordable and rewarding for all Africans. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round recorded in Africa, and completed Series B funding round in 2021, led by some of the world's most respected institutional investors.
Kuda Careers 2023: Working at Kuda can offer a dynamic and innovative career in the financial technology (fintech) industry. Applications are currently invited from interested and suitably qualified individuals for the position of Financial Systems Accountant in Lagos, Nigeria.
We are looking for a Financial System Operations Accountant (based in Nigeria) to support the Kuda Group in ensuring that the Finance function is a world-class, best-in-industry operation. They will have broad involvement in ensuring that processes and procedures are adhered to to ensure that accurate and relevant information is reported to the business.
Reporting to and working closely with the Senior Management across different geographics, where you will be involved in all aspects of the finance function, from implementing a new financial system to implementing controls and processes across markets. Kuda needs high-quality support services across the organisation, which are not simply fit for purpose but act as exemplars to others.
- Purchase and Payables (P2P): responsible for implementing controls and policies around the P2P cycle
- Process Improvement: explore and suggest ways to improve the day-to-day accounting processes
- Implementation of System: assisting with the rollout of a new accounting system (MS Finance & Operations) across the group
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and Financial Reporting: the individual will be responsible for operational expansion in the new markets
- Developing policies and controls: as we continue to expand, there is a need to have consistent policies and controls across the group
- Partner with the markets: work closely with new markets and provide guidance and support, taking into consideration the group-wide policies and mitigating risks and non-compliance
- Be the Finance Operations Partner for other departments: working closely with various departments from compliance, IT, marketing, expansion (to name a few) and provide adequate support and highlight issues to the group team on a timely basis
- Ad hoc, carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Group Financial Controller.
- 3-5 years post qualified experience of proven all-round accounting competence in a multi-entity/ group environment ideally gained in a Financial Services or regulated business
- Time management;
- Creative thinking
- Intermediate to advanced excel proficiency.
- CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Familiar with IFRS
- Have a deep understanding of how ERPs work and preferential to have experience in implementing one
- Working with teams across various geographic jurisdictions
- Strong interpersonal and business partnering skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Expectations - Key skills and competencies:
- Relationship building;
- Attention to Detail;
- A self-starting approach;
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- L&D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option