Graduate Accounting Officer Recruitment at Apata & Ascott LimitedApata & Ascott Limited 2 Published on Jul 14,2018
Job Title : Graduate Accounting Officer
Employer : Apata & Ascott Limited
Specialization : Accounting / Economics / Finance
Location : Lagos
Job Type : Full time
About the Employer
Apata & Ascott Limited is a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices.
Apata & Ascott Limited Careers - We are proud to announce the recruitment process for the position of Graduate Accounting Officer in Lagos, Nigeria. Applicants should ensure they meet the requirements for the position Specified below
Job Responsibilities of the Accounting Officer
- Conduct a thorough review of financial data, compare finances and identify anomalies, wastage, cost reduction opportunities and overall business improvement opportunities.
- Review financial documents, purchase orders, vouchers, and invoices.
- Producing an accurate set of daily, weekly and month-end accounts, with comparisons to forecasts and previous periods.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of audit strategies/ programmes for preventing and detecting fraud/ wastagesThis will include but not limited to: pre- and post-payment audit, material procurement, facilities management expenditures, project/ construction expenditures, etc; and revenue assurance.
- Prepare profit and loss accounts and the balance sheet for senior management and reconcile bank statements.
- Assist in preparing budgets and business planning, including projected revenue.
- Ensure legislation is followed regarding VAT and PAYE.
- Maintain an overview of bank account level.
- Record sales and purchases invoices, cross-checking on billing.
- Debt recovery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or equivalent from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 1-year experience as an Accounting Officer
- Accountancy skills, ideally honed in a corporate environment
- IT knowledge, including computerized systems and electronic cash tills
- Data processing skills, including spreadsheet packages.
- Analytical and communication skills and excellent attention to detail for preparing detailed financial information.
- Excellent communication and customer friendly skills.
- Self-motivated and well organized.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: email@example.com with “Job Title” as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 16th July, 2018.