The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
The United States Embassy Jobs 2020 - The U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant
Announcement Number: Abuja-2020-027
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0105 7
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to the successful completion of the probationary period
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
- The incumbent is required to carry out the total inventory of all U.S. Embassy computer related devices to include workstations, network devices, printers, scanners, and mobile communication devices.
- The incumbent is assigned to the Information Systems Center (ISC) Office of U.S Embassy Abuja, Nigeria and will manage the inventory of all devices via the Information Logistics Management System (ILMS) portal.
- The incumbent will also carry out administrative functions to include arranging e-travel services (e2), MotorPool request, Time and attendance (WINTA) for the section, assists with procurement requests, as well as in the capacity of an Information Technology (IT) helpdesk first line support to users.
- S/he reports directly to the senior computer management specialist for daily functions and duty assignment.
- Two (2) years’ work experience in customer service, logistics or inventory is required in order to perform effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of the job to effectively document the inflow and outflow of Information Technology (IT) equipment from the IT store and must have good knowledge of inventory management of all devices to include workstations, printers, scanners and telecommunication devices.
- Must have good knowledge of IT Helpdesk support to include 1st line support and identifying IT items.
- Must have intermediate knowledge of computer related Helpdesk Support.
- 2 years of university / College studies is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluent in the English Language is required.
Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency with Keyboard/Typing skills are required for computer troubleshooting, as well as for reports and communicating with customers and colleagues. Strong oral and written communication skills is required. Ability to prioritize, organize time and tasks to meet deadlines, as well as the ability to lift up 40 pounds is required. Job holder must be able to train users on computer usage.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following.
N6,382,404 / USD $37,680 per annum.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply to visit the Mission internet site.
- In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria
Application Deadline 22nd June, 2020.