ARM Life is the insurance subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Ltd (ARM). Its parent company, ARM is one of the largest non-bank financial services firms in Nigeria with a focus on asset management. Established in 1994, ARM started operations as a traditional asset management company specialising in the management of quoted equities and fixed income securities.
ARM Life Career 2018: Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill up the positions of Graduate Assistant Compliance Officer in Lagos State.
- The Legal & Compliance Officer will be primarily responsible for periodic reviews of legal documentation and legislations/regulations impacting the company’s operations, developing compliance monitoring plans to address areas of key risks as identified.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
This function supports the Head of Compliance Dept. in discharging the following tasks or performing the following activities:
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Legal advisory on contracts, Masters Service Agreements, and Service Level Agreements.
- Liaison with all the subsidiaries within the Company’s Group, service providers, external legal advisers, and government agencies.
- Regulatory reporting and SLA Monitoring
- Liaison with all regulatory bodies as well as maintaining relationships with relevant legal bodies and trade associations.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations by National Pension Commission and other relevant regulatory agencies.
- Supporting the implementation of the Anti-Money Laundering policy, governance frameworks and the overall execution of financial returns rendition to the Financial Intelligence Unit.
- Preparing the Compliance Grid detailing legislation and regulations impacting the Company’s operations
- Developing and implementation of compliance risk management plans
- Continual compliance risk assessment of company practices together with the development of internal policies and procedures, compliance training and protocols
- Monitoring, creating awareness and review of Compliance Policies
- Tracking/Logging all compliance related correspondence between the stakeholders i.e. PenCom, the Client, and the Company.
- Review of client benefit payments & Compliance Report Monitoring
- Following up on the progress of implementation of recommendations and commitments to National Pension Commission and other regulators.
- Any other functions assigned by the Head of Compliance.
Preferred Years of Experience:
- Good understanding of Pension Reform Act and the pension Industry in general.
- Good understanding of financial markets
- Good understanding of the Company’s Products and Services.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications, Basic XML Operations
- Passion for compliance and global regulatory trends.
- Discrete with information
- Pays attention to details
- Result oriented
- Self motivated.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2018.