Graduate Business Analyst Recruitment At Guinness Nigeria Plc
Published on Sep 25,2019 | 275 views
About the Employer
Guinness Nigeria is not only regarded as an iconic African company, renowned internationally for its brands of unmatched quality, but also as a company that believes in enriching the communities within which it operates, through investment and active participation in the positive evolution of society. Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria.
Guinness Nigeria 2019 fresh recruitment for the position of Business Analyst is currently ongoing in Ikeja, Lagos. See details about the position below:
Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Worker Type: Regular
Reports To: BE&T Solution Delivery Lead L4
Context / Scope
- The Business Engagement & Transformation (BE&T) organization is accountable for business partnering, solution delivery and user experience management. BE&T works across the Diageo Business Services (DBS) portfolio of projects, transformations and service offerings to drive market performance and outcomes. BE&T Africa team has two functional domains: Commercial and Supply & Back Office, each headed by a Solution Delivery Lead.
- The Business Analyst role has a key part to play in developing process and technical solutions to business problems by defining, analysing and documenting requirements, shaping solutions via process improvement or farming out requests to product owners and COEs as appropriate. For effective impact across the BE&T, the role has been designed to focus on both functional and regional deliverables.
- The BA will support the Solution Leads in ensuring that we are completely aligned with our markets and delivering quality services and solutions through understanding and managing market’s needs, design and deliver solutions and ensure brilliant user experience that create value and support the markets business growth ambitions. Business analyst role includes three key elements:
- Ensuring that business requirements are defined and addressed
- Identifying and evaluating relevant solutions to business problems
- Assuring the realisation of business benefits.
- Possesses a good level of knowledge and understanding of DBS capabilities and services offered and available to the markets
- Leads ongoing reviews of business processes and develops continuous process improvement (CPI) and optimization strategies by leveraging existing assets, proposing enhancements or establishing need for new solutions.
- Develops continuous process improvement interventions and facilitates Lean projects to improve processes. Works with key business stakeholders, as multi-jurisdictional ‘LEAN champions’, to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing program of change·
- Identifies local business demand and feeds through to Solution Delivery Lead, User Experience and Service (Center of Excellence) COEs as appropriate
- Drives the design and/or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project’s scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
- Assesses and validates activities to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements.
- Identifies, screens and evaluates if a new solution is required to address customer needs
- Develops solution concepts and business cases for new investments
- Informs Solution Leads and Business Partners of solution trade-offs both within and between different solution platforms to help decision making.
- Determines if/how business needs can be met through existing solutions across DBS service towers
- Assists the Solution Delivery Lead with development and documentation of the business case for portfolio and CPI projects
- Gathers detailed business requirements and documents how the business operates with a view to correctly translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Requires working with a wide range of business stakeholders and users while taking a leading role in discovery and analysis workshops.
- Translated business needs into business requirements and guides this though prioritization and inclusion in Portfolio and CPI plans
- Identifies and facilitates process improvement projects, training/ workshops to drive cultural change
- For deployed solutions, prevents or corrects defects, making changes, enhancements and maintenance of the system to enhance the value of the system. Includes system validation reports and evaluating the system to find when the replacement or deactivation is needed.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Specific Experience and credibility in given global process area / function.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant field
- Demonstrated capability to build and maintain good business relationships.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively work in cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- 3 – 5 years’ experience interpreting business requirements, recognizing impact on business processes, and making recommendations
- Experience in LEAN Six Sigma methodology
- Experience in Agile project delivery methodologies.
Flexible Working options / Travel requirements:
- It is our goal to reach greater flexibility of resources, which we recognise, may require a greater level of mobility and travel.
- For this role we anticipate the percentage of travel to be between 20 – 25%, however, configuration of project portfolios and locations of key stakeholders mean that not everyone may be required to travel to deliver projects. Pattern of travel will be dependent on the needs of the project, region / process areas and pipeline of work.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.
You may also like these Jobs