Graduate Finance Intern Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)Management Sciences for Health (MSH) 3 Published on Jun 27,2018
Job Title : Graduate Finance Intern
Employer : Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Specialization : Accounting / Economics / Finance
Location : Abuja
Job Type : Internship
About the Employer
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global nonprofit organization with over 40 years of experience working in more than 150 developing countries, is dedicated to saving lives and improving the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. MSH works with health leaders throughout the world on global health’s biggest challenges, with a focus on HIV & AIDS, TB, malaria, chronic diseases, family planning, and maternal and child health. Together with our health partners, we work toward a vision where everyone has the opportunity for a healthy life and accessible, affordable, appropriate health services for all—through stronger health systems.
MSH offers employment opportunities in our headquarters (Medford, Massachusetts and Arlington, Virginia) as well as in our field offices around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of Graduate Finance Intern in Abuja, Nigeria.
Job ID: 13-10065
Reports To: Senior Accountant
- The Finance Intern will assist in providing Finance & logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the State project activities.
- She or he will assist technical specialists and senior managers to coordinate project activities and will assist State Finance & Admin Manager for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Intern is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
Specific Responsibilities of the Finance Intern
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Properly code all transactions
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Reconcile advances, including review of receipts, coding of expenses on the general voucher and entering into QuickBooks
- Maintain accounting files
- Manage the inventory data base in the field office
- Track and following up on outstanding advances and assure timely reconciliation.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 1 experience in finance position with a Non-Governmental Organization
- University Degree in Accounting or Higher National Degree (HND) in Finance/Accounting
- Experience as an Accountant or understanding of key aspects of accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Specific qualification in management of a large and busy office
Application Closing Date
29th June, 2018.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now or use the apply now button below.