Helpman Associates Graduate Economics & Demography Intern Recruitment
Published on Sep 17,2019 | 43 views
About the Employer
Helpman is a research and development enterprise. Through our cluster of nonprofit think-tanks, we identify emerging knowledge needs, stimulate knowledge creation and harness innovation for the benefit of economy and society. We apply frontier knowledge and tools to help organizations eliminate operational wastes, expedite knowledge development and enlarge product spaces. Our clientele traverses private and public sectors and our work spans various areas including agriculture, natural resources, industry and trade, healthcare, education, community services and governance
At Helpman, we support organizational effectiveness through eliminating operational wastes, enlarging product spaces and enabling knowledge development. Our work focuses on stimulating innovation in all sectors.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Economics & Demography Intern
Duration: 28th October 2019 – July 31 2020.
- We seek a recent graduate to join our 9-month internship program. Through rigorous learning and doing complimented by personalized training and supervision, we prepare interns responsibly for a career in research and development. The location of this internship is Abuja.
The Internship Program
What you’ll learn:
- Concepts – various development issues and topics in economics and demography
- Methods – various approaches including quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods, framing research questions, protocol development
- Data – management and analysis, mathematical and statistical analyses, data visualization and use of relevant statistical packages
- Writing and documentation – translating raw findings into reports, preparing high-quality briefs, and grant writing
What you’ll do:
- Conduct structured reviews, data analysis and interpretation, policy discussions etc.
- Share learnings and findings in form of scheduled presentations and workshops
- Train and build capability of junior cohorts
What you’ll gain:
- Ability to conduct policy and goal-oriented research in your sector of interest
- Proficiency in data handling, analysis, interpretation and visualization
- Ability to write scientifically, for funding, publications and policy.
Who you are:
- We are looking for a graduate with CGPA of at least 4.0/5.0 from a Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) course or economics. In the case of economics, a strong background in microeconomic theory and an applied microeconomics course (such as labor or population economics ) is required. You must be:
- Self-driven – able to make progress and solve problems with little guidance
- Able to multi-task and work in a manner that meets stated timelines
- Have strong passion for success and sufficient faith in the Nigeria project
- Ability to handle and manipulate large amounts of data
- An excellent person – hating mediocrity in every shape and form
How you’ll work
- You will be expected to work 40 hours a week in addition to training hours. This is a non-salaried position with a competitive internship allowance. We provide an environment free from discrimination that accelerates career growth and encourages freedom of expression of thoughts, ideas and contribution to discussions.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2019.
Notes: This internship requires full-time comittment of the nine months. Also, this position requires residence in Abuja. We will not provide accomodation to non-residents.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.
You may also like these Jobs