KPMG Nigeria Recruitment For AccountantsKPMG Nigeria 2 Published on Dec 14,2018
Job Title : Accountant
Employer : KPMG Nigeria
Specialization : Accounting / Economics / Finance
Location : Multiple
Job Type : Full time
About the Employer
KPMG Professional Services and KPMG Advisory Services are the KPMG member firm in Nigeria. The partners and people have been operating in Nigeria since 1978, providing multidisciplinary professional services to both local and international organisations within the Nigerian business community. Our vision is to build and sustain our reputation as the best firm to work with by ensuring our people, clients and communities achieve their full potential. At KPMG, we are committed to working with our clients to cut through complexities of the business world– finding solutions and adding value.
Kpmg Jobs- In line with the company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by suitably qualified candidates who have hands-on experience with implementing leading financial practice, the company seeks an exceptional candidate in the capacity of Accountant at KPMG
We currently seek for an exceptional Financial Controller with proven integrity. This role will work from the Ososa office in Ogun State and often times from the Lagos office.
Detailed Job Description
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with IFRS, accounting policies, and applicable financial reporting standards and practices.
- Assist management in the implementation of new/ approved reporting or other financial operations standards.
- Manage the organisation’s general ledger and ensure all transactions are processed in line with acceptable accounting principles.
- Manage revenue and expenditure accounts.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of the monthly “financial close” activities.
- Oversee the performance of periodic ledger and bank reconciliations as required.
- Maintain relationships with banks and other relevant financial institutions.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, including consolidated financial statements and cash flow statements.
- Verify collated information to ensure financial reports are accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide timely, accurate and relevant financial information for strategic decision making and external audit purposes.
- Participate in documenting accounting policies and carry out periodic updates as required.
- Maintain records of approved reporting policies and procedures, and provide clarifications as required.
- Provide financial information required for audit exercise, and support in other tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics or any business related discipline
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of financial reporting and tax accounting concepts
- Good understanding of the food and beverage manufacturing industry.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of accounting packages and systems, including ERP.
- Ability to gather, collate and analyse information/ data effectively and efficiently.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to details.
Method of Application
Application Deadline: Not specified.