Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Recruitment Of Technical Officer
Published on Aug 02,2019 | 280 views
About the Employer
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evide
The Technical Officer position is designed to work in close collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager, project staff, and project partners in ensuring the delivery of quality case management interventions in public and private health facilities. S/he will provide technical support to national and state malaria programmes in all aspects of program activities for case management at national, state and LGA levels to meet up with the technical demands of the Global Fund grant. The TO will support in planning for state level training, quarterly on-site supervision visits and roll-out activities of the implementation plan to strengthen MAL-RMNCAH integration at service delivery points. S/He will be responsible for tracking of case management activities at the national and state levels.
- Work in close collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager and MSH state based specialists (M&E and SCMS) to support the NMEP, SMEP/SMOH in the implementation of all case management activities, in line with grant targets and deliverables by ensuring adherence to national strategies and guidelines for malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Work with States, LGAs and other MSH technical staff in planning and coordinating training for health workers, OTSS and MAL-RMNCAH roll-out activities at the national, state and LGA levels.
- Support to implement activities for improving Intermittent Preventive Therapy for pregnant women (IPTp) and routine LLIN distribution in pregnant women and children under-5 years
- Support capacity building of the State MoH personnel on malaria technical areas
- Preparation and submission of project malaria technical activity reports to Senior Technical Manager
- Represent MSH on malaria Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and other relevant health coordinating committees at the national/state level
- Contribute to quarterly lessons identification and learning documentation and dissemination.
- Preparation and submission of project service delivery activity reports to Senior Technical Manager
- Document evidence and best practices that are related to the programme
- M.D/MBBS required with some field experience in clinical and/or community-based malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment OR post graduate degree in health management or public health.
- At least 3 years of post NYSC relevant experience in public health. Any experience in malaria programming will be an added advantage. Some health-related community development experience is required.
- Experience in malaria programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations; knowledge and experience of programmatic and technical service delivery challenges is highly desired.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
- Experience with GF donor funding requirement a plus.
- Capacity to prepare evidence-based reports and documents.
- Strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical documents.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Excellent analytical and information seeking skills, good decision-making skills
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Senior Technical Manager, Malaria.
Application Due Date: 2019-08-07
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.
You may also like these Jobs