The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. The Foundation's work is guided by its mission to advance learning and promote financial inclusion for people living in poverty. One of the largest foundations in the world, it works almost exclusively in Africa.
Mastercard Foundation careers 2023 - Applications are cordially invited from suitably qualified individuals for the Mastercard Foundation Graduate Launch Program - 2023 - Associate Consultant, Advisors - Nigeria.
- The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow.
- Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
- We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations.
- Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
- We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as an Associate Consultant:
- As an Associate Consultant, you will collaborate with exceptional colleagues to help some of the world's biggest brands answer their most challenging strategic questions. Working with technology and data, you will gain broad exposure to a range of industries, including financial services, retail, restaurants, hospitality and more.
As an Associate Consultant, you will:
- Work on small teams to solve our clients' most challenging strategic problems
- Build strong relationships with clients to understand their business needs, find strategic solutions and guide impactful decisions
- Grow your career by receiving hands-on mentorship from an experienced management team
- Have an immediate opportunity for meaningful contributions, increased responsibility, leadership roles, and professional advancement
- Collaborate with colleagues across different areas of the organization and quickly gain exposure to business development, account management, and product management
- Receive extensive training focusing on helping you build your core consulting skill set
- We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for helping our customers with their most urgent business needs, and we are recruiting for the following career track:
Strategy & Transformation:
- Lead customers through sound decision making as they tackle strategic, tactical, operational, and transformational challenges, spanning across diverse topics including product, marketing, loyalty, innovation, and more.
- Apply a broad set of problem-solving techniques to improve overall performance and operations.
- Sampling of questions we help our customers answer:
- How can a global financial services institution be successful at entering a hyper competitive new market?
- How can a customer improve its operating model to better achieve operational, financial, and strategic goals?
- Team members typically support 2-4 projects concurrently, with each project lasting for approximately 3-6 months.
Bring your Passion and Expertise:
- We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
- Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
- Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Business Interest: Clear interest in the world of business, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
- Rapid Growth: Eagerness to learn quickly, both through Mastercard's structured training curriculum and organic development opportunities.
- Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
- Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
- Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree Graduate (graduated no earlier than April 2022) who are currently in the process of completing their NYSC and available to start the program on 4th September 2023.
- Outstanding record of academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 3.0 USA and 2:1 UK equivalent respectively
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing in English.
- Corporate Security Responsibility
- All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Deadline: Not Specified.