McKinsey & Company is an American worldwide management consulting firm. McKinsey has published the McKinsey Quarterly since 1964, funds the McKinsey Global Institute research organization, publishes reports on management topics, and has authored influential books on management.
We hire exceptional people with outstanding capabilities and great potential in four areas: problem solving, achievement-oriented, a desire to have an impact on the world and leadership. We welcome experienced professionals year-round, whether you have many years of work experience or just a few.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified individuals for the position below:
Title: Young Leaders Programme Fellow
What You'll Do
- You’ll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of the client engagement.
- This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You’ll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.You’ll gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. YLP's receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams.
- Following the end of the YLP program, assuming good performance, you will be offered a full time Business Analyst role with the office.
Who You'll Work With
- You'll work in our Lagos office as part of our Young Leaders Program (YLP).
- This is an internship open only to Nigerians doing their mandatory national youth service (NYSC). You will be an integral member of our teams, experiencing McKinsey life firsthand. The Young Leaders Program helps to develop exceptional young local African talent into real leaders.
- Undergraduate or masters degree
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - both verbally and in writing - in English and the local office language
- Registered for the NYSC program (Submit call-up letter).
Application Closing Date
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.