Senior Crane Service Technician Recruitment At The VURIN Group
Published on Aug 02,2019 | 26 views
About the Employer
The VURIN Group is a diversified portfolio of businesses across various sectors of the economy, including energy, power, real estate, communications, technology, agro, media, environmental and financial services. We have a rich heritage, originating out of Nigeria and building a solid footprint across the African continent and beyond. Founded in 2004, we began our operations as an energy investment and services company, opportunistically focused on owning, operating and servicing oil and gas properties across West Africa. In 2014, we transitioned into a group structure, with the consolidation of our burgeoning non-energy related businesses.
VURIN offers different roles, with long-term career growth and the chance to go places. We are in need of a wide range of skills and technical knowledge across our operations, in Africa and beyond. We aim to consistently develop our business, nationally and internationally, with the highest standards of quality and service, by recruiting only the best.
a) Carryout certification, inspection, preventive, and breakdown maintenance/repair on all Companycranes offshore to API and /or other applicable standards relevant to the specific equipment
b) Perform inspection and maintenance duties at all Crane Company Facilities
c) May be required to provide training and certification to maintenance personnel, crane operators, riggers and signalmen as required by Company
d) Work with Company Maintenance Support Group and other internal groups to institutionalize crane operator and rigger standards, and procedures at all Company locations
e) Submit reports on all activities, surveys, inspections certification, maintenance, etc. at a frequency set by Company
f) Repair and replacement of hoist and structural components including complete machine overhaul and refurbishment
g) Troubleshooting and maintenance of all associated electrical equipment and hydraulic system
h) Provision of technical expertise to handle all technical queries.
i) Provide professional opinion as a Subject Matter Expert to Company in all issues relating to inspection, maintenance, and repair of pedestal cranes
Qualifications & Experience:
- Canidate must be capable of meeting API 2C & 2D recommended standards, and /or other applicable standards relevant to specific equipment
- Candidate must have a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Inspection, Maintenance & Repair of Pedestal Cranes and must have Crane Operator's certification as outlined in API 2C recommended practices, paragraph 2.1. A minimum of B.Sc/B.Eng/HND in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering is a requirement for this position.
- Candidate shall be a qualified/certified crane inspection/lifting equipment personnel to carry out inspection, repairs, and certification services Pedestal Cranes – Lattice Boom-Type Crane and other lifting equipment for Company.
- Candidate must be suitably qualified/certified to perform work to API and /or other applicable standards relevant to specific equipment.
- Candidate is required to show proof of a valid:
- Medical Fitness Test
- OSP (Offshore Safety Permit)
- Confined Space Entry training
- Emergency Response Training
- Alcohol and Drug Test
- Tuberculosis Screening Test
- The normal rotation is 28 days’ work, followed by 28 days off. Candidate can be mobilized and demobilized for a period more or less than the normal rotation period.
- Hours of work are typically 12-hour shift; 7-day/week on rotation. All hours worked beyond twelve (12) hours/day at any location at Company’s written request shall be treated as overtime.
- Candidate shall undertake the planning and execution of work and supervision of complete refurbishment of mobile and offshore pedestal cranes. Where required, Contractor may also provide training for personnel in crane operation, banking/rigging of lifting equipment and maintenance of lifting equipment
- Candidate must be fully conversant with inspection, maintenance and operating practice of Nigerian Standards, API RP-2D, British standard 7121 or UK statutory instruments 2307, 1998 and familiar with Company’s Lifting Management standards. (Lifting Equipment Manual & Lifting Management System).
- The Candidate must be trained by a Crane Manufacturer and/or certified in the following;
- Qualified Crane Inspector Training
- Braden Hoist Technical Service Training
- Offshore Hydraulic Crane
- Offshore Pedestal Mounted Crane Operation
Start date: Immediate
Remuneration: Very competitive compensation package
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now
or use the apply now button below.
You may also like these Jobs