Senior Manager - IFRS Specialist Recruitment at Ernst & Young (EY)Ernst & Young (EY) 0 Published on Jul 07,2018
Job Title : Senior Manager - IFRS Specialist
Employer : Ernst & Young (EY)
Specialization : Accounting / Economics / Finance
Location : Lagos
Job Type : Full time
About the Employer
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. We guarantee access to international resources and instant access to all new technology, methodologies and leading best practice. EY Nigeria has been in existence for over 50 years and we work with major corporations both public and private, distributed across various sectors of the economy within the country. We service over 600 clients in Nigeria comprising of public and private companies spanning over various sectors of the economy. We offer professional services through teams drawn from a pool of 25 partners and over 410 professional staff with diverse and specialized skills.
EY Careers - We are currently receiving applications from experienced professionals for the Senior Manager - IFRS Specialist Recruitment exercise.
Within the IFRS Desk you will have a substantive specialised role. As an IFRS expert, you will give your advice on the current and new IFRS standards. This may be a result of a planned transaction or as part of the auditing on the interim reports or the financial statements. You will also closely follow the IFRS developments and translate them into the concrete impact for our clients. The purpose of your role is that you are an expert in all IFRS matters and you are the point of contact within our office for all questions related to advice.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
As a Senior Manager IFRS Desk, your main responsibilities include:
- As an IFRS specialist you will work together with our IFRS community in further strengthening our IFRS Desk team.
- You will act as a subject matter expert regarding all IFRS related questions and support our clients and audit teams with their IFRS reporting, projects and questions.
- You will monitor IFRS developments and make an impact analysis on reporting, systems, processes and people.
- You will proactively provide substantive publications, follow-up on developments and external publications relating to IFRS.
- You will actively point out improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
- You will stay up to date on all relevant changes in the IFRS landscape and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
- You are comfortable in giving IFRS related presentations not only internally to EY people but also externally to our clients.
We seek for a colleague with a critical mind and a large dose of perseverance and can work independently. In addition, you need to possess the following:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in accounting or finance related courses
- Must have ACA, ACCA
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience within the domain of IFRS
Extensive IFRS experience, having an understanding of IFRS and appreciation for the risks in applying and financial reporting implications of IFRS
Ability to identify IFRS problem areas in a set of financial statements / fact pattern and to recommend solutions
Open minded, decisive, strong business mindset & flexible
Excellent analytical and communication skills
Excellent writing skills relating to consultations, discussion papers and opinions as well as clearly documenting / explaining review
Has the ability to work autonomously and with minimal guidance, but also knowing when to escalate issues encountered
Working in groups / teams with a focus on developing team members in the process
Ability to research issues at a detailed level and having enthusiasm for tackling complex issues
Excellent facilitation skills (including presentation style) and ability to answer questions
Experience in working with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
Excellent management skills of a business unit
Strong communication skills allowing discussions within the team as well as with audit teams and clients.
- An intellectually challenging role within a leading international firm
- As part of our IFRS team, we will not only further develop your technical expertise but also offer the opportunity to develop on a personal level as well
- A flexible working environment with the ability to manage your projects independently
- An interesting salary package
Closing Date: Not Specified.
How to Apply for this Position
Interested persons wishing to apply for this position should Click here to apply now or use the apply now button below.