Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Jobs For Wells Engineers 2019Published on Aug 13,2019 | 32
Job Title : Wells Engineer
Employer : Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Specialization : Oil and Gas / Energy
Location : Lagos
Job Type : Full time
About the Employer
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) is the largest Shell company in Nigeria and produced the country’s first commercial oil exports in 1958. SPDC is the operator of a joint venture (the SPDC JV) between the government-owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC (55% share), SPDC (30%), Total E&P Nigeria Ltd (10%) and the ENI subsidiary Agip Oil Company Limited (5%). It is focused on onshore and shallow water oil and gas production in the Niger Delta.
Shell Jobs 2019: Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), is currently recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Wells Engineer
Reference ID: 117738BR
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
- Support to deliver world-class design/execution performance by embedding continuous improvement methodology as the way of working
- Supports design, planning, and supervision of Drilling, completion and well intervention operations, with the full integration of the relevant asset teams.
- Preparation and monitoring of detailed cost and time estimates, tracking of relevant metrics during job execution, after action reviews (AAR) documentation
- HSSE – Actively promote HSSE and Sustainable Development (SD) in all activities and ensure compliance with business principles.
- Regulatory – ensure all Well Notifications, Combined Operations Notifications, Regulatory Permits, etc are all in place and correct prior to commencement of operations.
- Quality management of drilling fluids by supervising the duties of the Mud Engineer by ensuring that the mud properties are maintained as per program and the chemical consumption rate is adequately monitored.
- Measurement and keeping of tallies of all casing strings received on site. Prepare the casing running list.
- Supervise all logging operations and ensure that such operations are carried out in line with standard procedures.
- Check all survey readings for abnormalities and plot same on the wall plot provided at the well site.
- Support the technical and HSSE management of relevant service provider contracts and support the contracting and procurement strategy. Collaborate with contractors regarding performance, future variances, etc. as needed.
- Actively drive the identification, development, and implementation of new technologies and the opportunities to optimize field operations.
- Develop annual personal performance review/management documents including performance contracts, individual development plans (IDPs) and goals and performance appraisals (GPAs)
- Provide routine and emergency technical input and support for all well related activities, both in the office and at the work site as required.
- Ensure adherence to change control procedures in the event of programme amendments.
- Ensure accurate reporting of all Drilling Completion and Well Intervention activities into the approved reporting medium.
- Implement accurate cost monitoring of all Drilling, Completion and Well Intervention activities both in the office and on the well site.
- Ensure all lessons learned are captured and shared from execution of Drilling, Completion & Well Intervention activities, in line with the Global Well Delivery Process.
- Co-ordinate and manage logistics to ensure operations are conducted safely, on time and in accordance with execution programmes.
- Support Supervisor and ensure Drilling, Completion & Well Intervention programmes are executed safely and efficiently and that all company policies and procedures are fully adhered to.
- Ensure deviations from execution programmes are only conducted with the appropriate level of technical authorization.
- A graduate degree in Engineering or Science with a minimum of second-class degree.
- Minimum 4 – 10 years oil and gas drilling and completion experience in a field or design role.
- Be responsible for own development and will execute a personal development plan agreed with the Well Operations Team Leader- Skilled in presentation and communications
- Strong interpersonal skills able to influence and and develop relationships across teams, and to deliver through others.
- Ability to work and manage in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
- Previous field experience on a rig or Well Intervention unit will be an added advantage in addition to flexibility to work in multiple locations.
- A demonstrable knowledge of Deepwater, Shallow water and Onshore drilling, Completions and Intervention operations
- Knowledge with use of Wells Design tools such as WELLCAT, WELLPLAN, COMPASS etc.
- Commercial skills: Understanding of commercial implications of emerging ways of working, techniques and technologies. Able to bench mark on local and global scale.
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply for this Position
You may also like these Jobs
- Oando PLC
- Nov 02,2019
- Eni Nigeria
- Nov 01,2019
- Total Nigeria Plc
- Sep 20,2019
Energy Models Analyst & Oil Demand Analyst at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Sep 19,2019
- Total Nigeria Plc
- Sep 13,2019
2019 SPDC JV Regional LiveWIRE Programme at Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) JV
- Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) JV
- Sep 11,2019
- Seplat Petroleum Development Company Plc
- Sep 08,2019
- Halliburton Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Sep 06,2019