Our goal at the World Health Organization (WHO) is to build a better, healthier future for people all over the world. Working through offices in more than 150 countries, WHO Secretariat staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people. WHO has 147 country offices and six regional offices. The headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland.
World Health Organization (WHO) ongoing recruitment of suitably qualified candidates for the position of Clerk Typist in Nigeria.
Ref no: 1801973
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 12 months
Description Of Duties
Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer, the incumbent performs the following duties:
- Manning of the main telephone lines, Screens, places/receives and transfers calls to their intended destination.
- receives and screens visitors coming into the office, responding to routine enquiries.
- Types correspondence, documents and reports from plain copy, forms,handwritten or rough draft materials for programme offices, reviews and corrects capitalization, spelling and punctuations with word processing (MS Word).
- Maintains correspondence logs, updates the staff telephone directory, carries out task for production and distribution of reports, scanning of documents for email transmission.
Performs other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
Essential: Secondary school certificate combined
Desirable: formal secretarial training
Essential: At least 5 years’ experience on basic office secretarial work
Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral International Organizations in the country is an Advantage
Must be familiar with MS Windows applications.
Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use Of Language Skills
Essential: Good knowledge of English and a local language.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station
Closing date : May 22, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.